Quick Info






*Due to extreme weather we may delay wine shipments to some US zipcodes.

Return to Wine Shop

2014 'Knoll' Pinot Noir
Buy online:
Prompt delivery right to your doorstep. Add one bottle $40.00 to your shopping cart.

Save 10% when you buy one case for only $432.00.

PRP Wine Club members buy this wine at a 20% discount ($32.00 per bottle). Learn more about our wine club.
Anderson Valley
History
Husch Vineyards planted the first Pinot Noir vines in the Anderson Valley back in 1971 on a special piece of land that we call “The Knoll.” These old vines thrive in an outcropping of sandstone and shale, possessing good drainage. Overlooking the Navarro River, the vines in the Knoll benefit from the cool night air and frequent morning fog. With this combination of great soils and great weather the Knoll consistently produces the highest quality Pinot Noir.

Winemaking
In 2014 we endured our last year of drought resulting in a modest crop of small berries and reduced yield. We picked the grapes by hand and sorted out any defective clusters. Then we put the fruit into small, open-top fermentation bins, with about 70% of the fruit crushed and the remaining 30% preserved in “whole cluster” form. Primary fermentation lasted 10 days, shortly thereafter the grapes were pressed to French oak barrels, 50% new, where the wine underwent malolactic fermentation and maturated for 10 months with minimal handling.

Tasting notes
To fully understand the complexity of Anderson Valley Pinot Noir, you must try our 2014 release from the Knoll vineyard. Captivating aromas of summer cherry, strawberry, blood orange, lilac, clove, and humidor make this wine a joy to smell. Flavors that mimic the aromas are supported by perfectly integrated tannins and balanced acidity. Delightful on its own, but designed for food, this wine will pair nicely with pan seared duck breast, smoked salmon, mushroom tortellini, and creamy cheeses. Approachable in its youth and graceful with age.

Harvest Date:September 10, 2014
Sugar at Harvest:25.5° Brix
Alcohol:14.2%
pH:3.7
Total acid:6.10 g/L
- - -
Release Date:December, 2017
Cases produced:214


Husch Vineyards
Winery & Tasting Room: 4400 Highway 128, Philo, CA 95466 1-800-55-HUSCH (1-800-554-8724)
Hours: We are open 7 days a week from 10am to 5pm
Mailing Address: PO Box 189, Talmage, CA 95481
Privacy Policy  – Trade –  Wholesale –  Postcards –  Contact Us